Thursday, November 3, 2011
Reaction to the Erie Canal
Today I found out that the Erie Canal was finally completed. I feel as though this doesn't affect me all that much. I work in a factory so I have no real use for the canal itself. The only thing it may do is help my factory ship out its goods faster. That isn't even a good thing for me as I will probably have to increase my production which will be tough. It offers job opportunities however, the job requires skilled personal. I am by no means a skilled worker. I do see this as an opportunity for me to start up my own farm though. Now with the Erie Canal I could ship my crops out more efficiently and definitely more cost effectively. I see this as a possibility but as it stand right now, I am too poor to begin a risky venture like this. If my farm fails I will have nothing and I am not willing to take that risk. At the moment, although the Erie Canal is a great achievement in America, I can't see a way that it will affect me in my current state of being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment